The library will reopen with limited services on July 6.
- Monday-Thursday: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday-Saturday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Sunday: noon – 4:00 pm
*We are closing an hour earlier than we have in the past to allow for additional cleaning of our buildings.
Curbside Pickup Hours:
- Monday-Saturday: 9:00 am – 10:00 am
- Sunday: Noon-1:00 pm
- Or by appointment- Call the Oswego Campus at 630.978.1545 or the Montgomery Campus at 630-978-1201 to set up a curbside appointment
Safety Measures to Protect Our Community and Our Staff
- Masks that cover both the mouth and nose are required at all times on anyone over the age of 2 who enters the public areas of the library buildings. See the CDC recommendations here. Anyone who can’t wear a face covering for medical reasons can get materials via Curbside Pickup. Computer use can be accommodated by making an appointment. Click here to do so.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet is required. See the CDC recommendations here.
- Follow the directional arrows in the building to help maintain a flow of traffic and social distancing.
- No food or drink is permitted.
- Staff are not able to assist with computers and printing due to the proximity required to offer this service.
- Book returns cannot be given directly to staff. They must go into the book drop for a 3 day quarantine. See the science behind a 3 day quarantine.
- Any items touched while in the library should be put on a cart so they can go in a 3 day quarantine.
- Commonly touched surfaces are being wiped down frequently by staff. We encourage patrons to wash hands before and after using the library as an additional precaution.
- Browsing for materials in Adult Services at both campuses
- Browsing for materials in Young Adult Services at the Montgomery Campus
- Computer use in Adult Services
- Reference and Readers Advisory
- Library Card Registration
- Copiers, Scanners, and Fax Machines
- Hold Pickup
- Limited Curbside Service
- Summer Reading for All Ages
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten
- Museum Adventure Passes (available museums are limited- please call 630.978.1272 for details)
- InterLibrary Loans (please note that wait times may be longer than usual)
- Reciprocal Borrowers may use library services
- Paying fines may be done via credit card online or at our self-checks. We are not able to accept cash right now.
- Our digital collection and our databases and newspapers are always available.
Services Currently Unavailable
- Browsing for materials in Youth Services (you may request materials from a staff member who will get them for you)
- Browsing for materials in Young Adult Services at the Oswego Campus only (you may request materials from a staff member who will get them for you)
- Certain specialty items, such as hot spots, Rokus, Launchpads, Big Books, Learning Boxes, and STEAM kits are currently unavailable.
- Play areas in Youth Services
- Computers in Young Adult Services & Youth Services
- Study Rooms
- Meeting Rooms
- In-Person programming
- Water Fountains
- Cash payments for fines
- No book donations accepted
- Friends of the Library Book Sale