Read, Learn, Create and Explore with the Youth and Young Adult STEAM boxes, now available at the Oswego Public Library District! Each box contains materials designed to learn about a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) topic.
- Each STEAM box has a targeted and labeled age range, from 3 yr. to 12th grade.
- Check out is for one week, with no renewals. One box per household.
- Holds may be placed on boxes with an Oswego Public Library District card.
Please see the Youth or Young Adult reference desks to request a STEAM box or visit our online STEAM Box Catalog!
Youth STEAM boxes
- *Bee-Bot (3-7 yrs.)
- *Bird Watching (3-11 yrs.)
- Bugs (3-8 yrs.)
- Castle Logix (3-8 yrs.)
- Cause and Effect (4-7 yrs.)
- *Chess (7-11 yrs.)
- Circuits (8-11 yrs.)
- Code-a-pillar (2-6 yrs.)
- Colors (3-7 yrs.)
- Drawing (5-11 yrs.)
- *Fashion Design (4-11)
- Fossils (5-11 yrs.)
- Friendship Bracelet Maker (7-11)
- Geology (8-11 yrs.)
- *Goldilocks Building Challeng (3-7)
- Human Anatomy (7-11 yrs.)
- LEGO Structures (4-11 yrs.)
- Lite Brite (4-8 yrs.)
- Magna-Tiles (3-11 yrs.)
- Magnets (4-7 yrs.)
- *Measuring Length (3-11 yrs.)
- Measuring Liquids (5-11 yrs.)
- Measuring Weight (5-11 yrs.)
- Musical Rhythm Box (3-6 yrs.)
- Sink or Float (1-5 yrs.)
- Sound Shapes (3-7 yrs.)
- *Spirograph (6-11 yrs.)
- Structures – K’nex (7-11 yrs.)
- Tangrams (5-8 yrs.)
- Teddy Bear Math (3-8 yrs.)
- *Time (4-6 yrs.)
- World Music (3-8 yrs.)
Young Adult STEAM boxes
- 3D Printing Pen (10 yrs. and up)
- Crochet (10 yrs. and up)
- Cublet (9 yrs. and up)
- Electronic Playground (12 yrs. and up)
- Knitting (10 yrs. and up)
- Loom Knitting (10 yrs. and up)
- Makey Makey (8 yrs. and up)
- Origami (9 yrs. and up)
- Ozobot (9 yrs. and up)
- Papermaking (10 yrs. and up)
- Raspberry Pi 3 (12 yrs. and up)
- Sphero Mini (10 yrs. and up)
- Stop Motion Animation (10 yrs. and up)
*STEAM Boxes in red text are located at the Oswego Campus. STEAM Boxes in blue text are located at the Montgomery Campus. Holds can be placed on STEAM Boxes and moved to the campus you prefer to pick up from.
We are always looking to add more boxes!