The user must agree to follow all library policies and departmental procedures, viewable here.
There is a limit of 4 hours per day per cardholder for using the public computers.
- Microsoft Office 2010: Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- Adobe CS2: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Image Ready, and Adobe InDesign.
- Internet Browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
- Operating System: Windows 2010
- There is a limit of 4 hours per day per cardholder using public computers.
The library offers free wireless access at both campuses. The network name is Oswego_Public_Library_District and there is no password needed to connect to it.
Scanners: Email, Print, or Fax Documents
Scan Documents to:
- Save to a USB drive
- Email a document
- Print a document
- Upload to Google docs
- Fax (not all scanners have faxing capabilities)
- Printing Black & White: $0.20 per page
- Printing Color: $1.00 per page (only available in Adult Services and Young Adult Services
- Faxing: $1.00 per page for domestic and international
All fees are paid at the print release station. They accept coins (except for pennies) and $1, $5, or $10 bills. Credit and debit cards are also accepted. Scanners are located at both the Montgomery and Oswego Campus.
The Oswego Public Library District has 3D Printing available! Submit your .STL file to 3DPrintClub@oswego.lib.il.us and be sure to include your name, phone number, library card number, item description, the color you want your item printed in, and which campus you would like for pick-up. Click here for more detailed information.
Charging Stations are conveniently located throughout the building at both campuses. Each station has 8 charging cables capable which include 3 Apple lightning, 3 Micro-USB, and 2 USB Type-C cables. The Oswego Public Library District is not responsible for any device left unattended.
Interested in Virtual Reality? Check out our calendar of events to register for a 30 minute session.
We have two Roku versions available for checkout at both of our campuses. Both versions have video channels and titles preloaded with different genres for you to enjoy. The newer versions are equipped with access to Netflix.
Need access to wireless networks? There are several hotspots available for checkout at either campus.
Do you have any home videos on VHS tapes lying around collecting dust and ever wonder if there’s a way to put them on DVD? If so, then stop by the Adult Services Desk and ask about the VHS-to-DVD transfer device located at the Montgomery Campus. Using the device requires setting up an appointment. The device records at a 1:1 ratio, so one hour of tape requires sitting with the device for one hour. Blank DVDs are available for $1, or bring your own DVD-R or DVD-RW discs.