Award Winners & Lists
- Abraham Lincoln Awards – Best fiction of the year as chosen by Illinois High School students.
- Alex Awards – Awards given each year to 10 adult books which should also appeal to teens.
- Best Fiction for Young Adults – Annual list of the best Young Adult Fiction titles of the year, as chosen by the Young Adult Library Services Association.
- Great Graphic Novels for Teens – Annual list of the best Graphic Novels for teens, as chosen by the Young Adult Library Service Association.
- Printz Awards – Best fiction book of the year, as chosen by the Young Adult Library Services Association.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Readers’ Book Award – Award presented to outstanding youth fiction, as voted on by fourth through eighth graders in Illinois.
- Teens Top Ten – Teen-voted picks for the best fiction of the year.
- YALSA OBCB – Outstanding Books for the College Bound. The books on this list offer opportunities to discover new ideas, and provide an introduction to the fascinating variety of subjects within an academic discipline. Readers will gain an understanding of our diverse world and build a foundation to deepen their response to that world. This list is developed every five years.
Recommended Reading Lists by Genre
- Jr HS/HS Fantasy PDF
- Jr HS/HS Historical Fiction PDF
- Jr HS/HS Realistic Fiction PDF
- Jr HS/HS Romance PDF
- Jr HS/HS Scary Stories and Horror PDF
- Jr HS/HS Science and Dystopian Fiction PDF
- Jr HS/HS Mystery, Thrillers and Suspense PDF
- Jr HS/HS Read the Rainbow PDF
- Jr HS/HS Adventure and Survival PDF
Need More Suggestions?
Novelist K-8 Plus
All the same features of NovelList geared specifically for the K-8 reading audience.
Find your next great fiction or nonfiction read here!
Lists of award-winning books and recommended reads, author readalikes, book discussion guides, reviews, series listed in order, and more.
Teen Book Box Subscription
Fill out the questionnaire and sign up for a Teen Book Box Subscription. Our Young Adult Librarians will pick out a few titles based on your answers and include a little surprise. Filling out the form signs you up for 3 months.
Pick-up currently only available at the Montgomery Campus.